So a reminder to all (please spread the word). There are no Lindy classes in Sneinton tomorrow (Sun 28 Oct) this is to enable as many of you as want to, to head to the Hockey Hustle!
This is a pretty awesome festival day in Hockley, Nottingham where pretty much all the bars host live music all day. You’ll need to buy a wrist band to get in, if you haven’t already got one, and the money raised goes to local charities.
There’s music of all styles that you can think of and it’s very relaxed and friendly and so a great way to explore different musical experiences. The best bits from our perspective are that Peggy’s Skylight is hosting swing and jazz bands all day. Plus Rose & George are coordinating two sessions of outdoor swing dancing too. It’s going to be fab.
- Sneinton Market at 1.30pm
- Fringe stage/Ice nine at 5pm
- 2.30: Shell’s Belles
- 3.30: Angels in the Architecture
- 4.30: The Jeannie Barton Band
- 5.30: The Ed Marchewicz Band
- 6.30: Lady Bird Jazz
- 7.30: Swing Gitan
- 8.30: Boss Magnet
- 9.30: Me & Mr Jones
Hope to see lots of you there!
- Monday Jazz is still running on Mon 29 Oct. I’m looking forward to finishing up Al & Leon’s Shim Sham with you all.
- Heads up: In November, Mon Jazz class will start learning the first half of the ‘Keep Punching’ Big Apple routine. Keep an eye out for dates and details. All welcome!
- Lindy classes will be back on Sun 4 Nov.
- Also on Thursdays through November I’ll be guest teaching for Oakham Swing!